Add an annotation to GA automatically when "New or Updated Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets"
It only takes 5 minutes to automate this annotation, and NO coding skills are required.
Here is how to do it:
1. Login to your GAannotation account here
2. Create a new Google Sheet and add columns similar to these
3. Create your Zapier account here, you can start FREE
4. Create a new Zap, click on "MAKE A ZAP" button
5. Type "Google Sheets" to find the app trigger and select it
6. For Trigger Event, select "New or Updated Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets"
8. Select the Spreadsheet and the Worksheet you created before. Then to test the trigger (looks it's some kind of issue with this test, see the video, you can skip and continue)
9. Continue and select the action app, search for "Webhooks by Zapier" and select it.
10. Select "POST" option
11. Add the POST URL
IMPORTANT: Pay attention there is NO extra space after the URL when you paste it
12. Choose "Form" in the "Payload type" section
13. On the data section, you need to copy/paste the mandatory fields and choose the incoming data from Google Sheet, this will be the data for the annotation
14. Scroll down to the "header", then:
- Copy/paste the word "Authorization" on the header section
- Copy/paste the word "Bearer" on the undefended section
- Go to the API KEYS page and generate a key, copy/paste it after the word "Bearer".
IMPORTANT :There must be a <space> between the word Bearer and Access Token.
- Click Continue & Test
15. Test your ZAP
16. It's READY!
Add a new row to the Google Sheet, wait for 3-4 minutes and go back to the annotations page and check if the annotations it's there, it will be also displayed on the Google Analytics account.
You can always edit or delete annotations from your dashboard ; )